If you want to get a healthy life, it is very important for you to drive your life with some rules and regulations like you have to eat at the time, you need to have sound sleep at night, etc. It is often seen nowadays that many people have to fight with excessive daytime sleepiness. If you look around you can see that may your co-worker is sitting beside you with drowsy eyes and you also may one of those who is a victim of excessive daytime sleepiness and you are not even realizing it. If you are also a victim of excessive daytime sleepiness, then don’t neglect it as sometimes it is the symptoms of some serious diseases. So here we discuss the causes of excessive daytime sleep along with the solutions.
Causes for feeling sleepy in the daytime
- There are some sleep disorders that stop us from sleeping in the night and therefore we have to fight with excessive sleepiness in the working hours of the daytime. Some of those sleep disorders are narcolepsy, restless leg syndrome, obstructive sleep apnea, etc. So, consult with your doctor if you are unable to sleep at night and it can help you in getting relief from excessive daytime sleep also.
- Some other causes of feeling sleepy in the daytime are jet lag, working in the graveyard, working in the rotating shift, etc. for which the normal sleep cycle of our body is disturbed.
- Besides the reasons mentioned above, you may feel sleepy in the day if you skip your night sleep voluntarily. If you have to work in the daytime, you should not skip your night sleep.
- Sometimes, you may sleep in the night but still, you have to suffer from excessive daytime sleepiness. It happens because along with night sleep, it also important to have quality sleep. Because of various reasons, sometimes we may not able to have deep sleep in the night and that can make us excessively sleepy in the working hours of the daytime.
- Caffeine beverages, Alcohol, nicotine, etc also can disturb our sleeping pattern at night and it makes us sleepy in the daytime.
The above mentioned are some of the common causes of excessive sleep in the daytime which stop us from working actively. Now, we discuss how to stay awake and active in the working hours.
Stay awake and active: Solutions to the excessive daytime sleep
- Do regular exercise: Exercise is very helpful that helps us in staying active and healthy. If you are a victim of excessive daytime sleep, exercise regularly which helps you in getting sound sleep at night. Thus if you can sleep perfectly at night, you don’t have to feel sleepy in the day.
- Eat healthily: To be healthy it is very important to eat healthily. If you want to improve your sleep cycle, then also you have to eat healthy food. Avoid fatty food to get sound sleep at night.
- Improve your sleep hygiene: This is the best way to solve your problem of excessive daytime sleepiness. To get sound sleep at night, you have to follow some rules. Those are as follows;
- Go to bed early so that you can get to sleep for more time at night.
- Use a comfortable and hygienic pillow and mattress while sleeping.
- Find out the best position to get sound sleep.
- If you find out that you are suffering from any kind of sleep disorder, then immediately go to the doctor.
- Alternative solution: Smart drugs are also said to be effective in keeping us awake and active. Many people take the help of smart drugs to stay active and awake while working. Smart drug Armodafinil is one of the effective smart drugs which can improve our activeness. Thus we can become more efficient in our work.
So, this is all about the causes and solutions to excessive day time sleep. Get quality sleep for the required hours at night and stay awake during your work. Click here to know more.